Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. is the President of Advantage Leadership, Inc., works with leaders around the world who want to increase bottom-line results while engaging employees and delighting customers. Organization benefits from my expertise in strategic leadership, planning, & culture change as a manager and leader in the public, private, & non-profit sectors. As a consultant, with clients around the world, she works with you to increase your bottom-line results through engaged employees & delighted customers. We craft customized solutions to the organization's complex business issues. ........
Today Administrative Professionals perform many operations once performed by specialists. These activities are actually "projects" Because management doesn't recognize these assignments as projects, few Administrative Professionals receive training or tools to help manage the work efficiently and effectively. Work is added to an already full schedule, major decisions have been made elsewhere, and you have no "team" to help. Administrative Professionals can and do plan, execute, and manage projects to get desired results on time and on budget. Adapt widely-used approaches to manage projects successfully while avoiding the biggest pitfalls for any project manager. You do not need to be called a project manager to be a successful one. Carry these new skills into all your assignments to enhance your existing good performance. Prepare to take on more advanced work and demonstrate your value and progress.
Why should you attend?
Faced with a large new assignment and no experience of working on this type of activity or anything this large, it is easy to lose confidence. As you move forward and hit roadblocks or potential risks become reality, you may be ready to quit. Mastering the fundamentals of Project Management, used by millions of people on millions of projects throughout the world, you will be in a strong position to prevail and prosper. Banish your doubts with proven techniques that help you get the successful results you need.
Areas Covered in the Session:
1. Context for Project Management
- What are projects and where do they fit
- Project success factors and pitfalls
2. Project Initiation
- Articulate project Business Problem
- Perform Stakeholder analysis
3. Planning and Scheduling
- Discover Requirements
- Analyse scope, constraints, assumptions
- Create Work Breakdown Structure and tactical plan
- Manage the Critical Path
- Schedule, assign responsibility, and track.
5. Risk Management
- Define risks in a Risk Impact Matrix
- Track and manage Risk: Escalate Risk Proactively
6. Human Resource and Communication Plan
- Manage people and communication effectively
7. Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control
- Manage and monitor scope, schedule, cost, quality
8. Project Closure
- Apply Lessons Learned for continuous improvement.
Who can Benefit:
- Administrative Professiaonals
- Executive Assistants
- Office Managers
- Small Business Owners