Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. is the keynote speaker at Ijona Skills and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc., works with leaders around the world who want to increase bottom-line results while engaging employees and delighting customers. Organization benefits from my expertise in strategic leadership, planning, & culture change as a manager and leader in the public, private, & non-profit sectors. As a consultant, with clients around the world, she works with you to increase your bottom-line results through engaged employees & delighted customers. We craft customized solutions to the orga........
Whatever organization you are working for, crises can occur at any time; recessions, unexpected mergers or acquisitions, downsizing, globalization fall out, natural disasters, pandemics, social upheaval, war...The list is endless. Leaders are expected to prepare for crises, have a contingency plan ready, and manage its implementation with minimum disruption, while staying calm and allaying the fears of team members and others. These expectations are often unmet, because, at least in part they are unrealistic. Leadership is about responding, not reacting to crisis, especially the unexpected, ready to do what is necessary, learn from their mistakes, and help everyone to get through the ordeal with minimum damage.
Why should you attend?
Whether you are the leader of a small work team or a giant multinational corporation, you will face crises, which will push you to the brink. You will experience fear. Others will look to you for guidance and direction. In this webinar, we will explore ways to deal with both the physiological and psychological reactions to crises. We will provide practical approaches to creating an initial plan quickly, preparing your team to meet the crisis, and continuing to focus in a changing situation. Be ready to learn from setbacks, maximize your assets, and minimize your weakest points. Succeed by knowing your goal and keeping the team focused on the next tasks to reach the objective.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Anticipating and prioritizing potential crises
- The keys to leadership in a crisis and supporting your team for success
- Master the physiological and psychological elements of fear and anxiety
- Analyze your situation with input from your team and appropriate experts
- Generate an action plan quickly
- Build in real-time feedback from leading indicators to evolve your plan
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Keep everyone focused on concrete, measurable goals
- Reinforce everyone's contribution to critical thinking and problem solving
- Do a postmortem analysis to prevent or be better prepared for the next crisis.
Who can Benefit:
- C-Level officers and executives
- All managers and supervisors
- All team leaders
- Project managers