Chris Devany is a founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm that focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include such organizations as Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, Microsoft, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. H........
Before the Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeared, has your workforce been largely office-based? Is this the first time you and your team have been working 100% virtually? If so, then this Webinar is for you! As enterprises have been growing far and wide, often international in scope, we find ourselves as executives and managers with our talent spread farther and farther, often at dozens and hundreds of locations. How do we 'get a better handle' on all this?
The speed of everything has changed. Are your time management skills up to the challenge?
Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow...exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done...see yourself as a decision maker who never gets around to making decisions...dread the next business meeting-or worse, going back to your desk to see what voice mails and emails await you? If you're doing more and enjoying it less, it's time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This seminar gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
Why should you attend?
Are you managing your entire team remotely?
Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people are wasting?
What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are overtasked and overburdened?
Would you like to gain an extra 30 minutes each day?
Would you like to improve your concentration and increase your efficiency?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
Areas Covered in the Session:
Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
- How to give multiple locations a business "road map" that'll keep them headed in the right direction
- How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site staff will follow to the letter
- Expert insight on "friendly" competition between sites . . . could this be doing your company more harm than good?
- Discuss today's long-distance management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
- How to quickly smooth things over when you have to lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy . . . from a distance
- The one action you must take if you want to significantly slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
- Take the Time-Mastery Profile to identify how you spend your time
- Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
- Identify timewasters and learn how to avoid them using new techniques
Concentration and Focus
- Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
- Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions-both self- and other-imposed
Planning to Succeed
- Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
Decision Making and Prioritizing
- Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
- Learn about "the window of opportunity" to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
- Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
- Learn when to say "yes" and when to say "no"
- Say "yes" to yourself...by saying "no" to others
- Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
- Build a commitment to your own time-management plan -it's up to you!
Setting SMART Goals
- SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
- What are my roles?
- What weekly goal will I set for each role?
- TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
- OPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
- Setting milestones
- Working the Plan
Who can Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor