Chris Devany is a Keynote Speaker at Ijona Skills. He is a founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm that focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include such organizations as Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, Microsoft, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over 5........
Before the Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeared, has your workforce been largely office-based? Is this the first time you and your team have been working 100% virtually? If so, then this Webinar is for you! As enterprises have been growing far and wide, often international in scope, we find ourselves as executives and managers with our talent spread farther and farther, often at dozens and hundreds of locations. How do we 'get a better handle' on all this.
Why should you attend?
- Is this the first time you and your team have been working 100% virtually?
- Would you like to receive valuable tips, tools and checklists to help you manage remotely?
- Are you and your team finding working 100% remotely especially challenging?
- Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people are wasting?
- What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are so "spread out"?
- Would you like to 'tame the paper tiger' and reduce so much needless paperwork?
- Have you ever been concerned about people "following the rules" ? you know, 'out of sight, out of mind'?
- Would you like to be able to more effectively spot problems, even when you are hundreds to thousands of miles away?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
Areas Covered in the Session:
Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
- How to give multiple locations a business "road map" that'll keep them headed in the right direction
- How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site staff will follow to the letter
- Expert insight on "friendly" competition between sites . . . could this be doing your company more harm than good?
- Discuss today's long-distance management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
- How to quickly smooth things over when you have to lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy . . . from a distance
- The one action you must take if you want to significantly slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
Stay In Touch - And Control - No Matter What
- How to keep your finger on the pulse of off-site action without making employees feel like "Big Brother" is watching
- What responsibilities you must shoulder alone . . . and when you can safely share the load with off-site employees
- A common - but deadly - management mistake that'll ensure an off-site office will never trust your motives
- Determine the fastest way to get a poorly performing location up to speed
- How to quickly and accurately check the quality of products or services at any location
- The inside secrets to creating a lasting bond between off-sites so every employee feels like they're on the same team
Establish Quality-Minded Teams You Can Rely On
- How to structure teams so they'll pull together . . . no matter which site they're from
- How to ease resentment at a satellite location when a home-office employee is chosen for a promotion
- The only way to handle teams that were established before your time without decreasing productivity
- How to build an "emergency response" team that'll know what can be handled independently . . . and when to call you immediately
Troubleshoot Off-Site Problems Like A Pro
- How often you should be visiting each site . . . any less and you're begging for trouble
- Phone or face-to-face? The best way to approach a site problem without alienating anyone
- How to put a stop to childish disputes between sites . . . without taking sides or making matters worse
- Develop a reward system that'll motivate employees from all levels at every location
- How to determine whether you should coach . . . counsel . . . or warn the entire staff at a location about their performance
- An action plan that'll help you handle any "cover-up" you might find . . . no matter how large or small
- How to ensure the "isolation factor" won't turn into a problem at remote locations.
Who can Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor