Melveen Stevenson is keynote speaker at Ijona Skills and she is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources "jungle" of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, employee engagement, and car........
Employers are facing unexpected and demanding challenges as they navigate the health precautions and governmental measures related to COVID-19. We heard you and partnered with one of our premier HR experts to give you the best practices and guidance on how to deal with ongoing, new, and unprecedented changes.
During this 60-minute information-rich webinar, Ms. Melveen Stevenson, MBA, SPHR, SHRM, will address the foremost issues facing HR professionals and business leaders now or will possibly face in the near future. Ms. Stevenson will be covering topics including use of specific leaves of absence; wage and hour topics; work-from-home considerations; and temporary reduction in work hours and full work stoppage implications.
Why should you attend?
In the U.S., we are scrambling to ensure the safety of our families, workers, and communities. As much as we are able to, we're also continuing with regular business operations under these trying times. At the same time, we're dealing with new and unprecedented ways of working.
This session will provide you with guidance for specific operational issues that are already top-of-mind for you...and those that are not.
Join us for this special webinar to learn about the things that will help you to manage through these dynamic times. We'll help you to keep you focused, on track, and on point with specific employer-related topics during this crisis.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- CDC and WHO guidance for businesses and employers
- Use of specific leaves of absences: statutory sick leave obligations and FMLA
- Disability topics including reasonable accommodation and interactive process
- Wage and hour implications: work-from-home considerations, timekeeping, meal and rest periods, allowable pay deductions from exempt pay
- OSHA standards and the General Duty Clause
- HIPAA and medical privacy: what to do when your employees come to work sick; specific questions of your employee's health care provider
- Layoffs, plant closings, and furloughs - including unemployment considerations
Who can Benefit:
- Human resources professionals - all levels
- Department Managers and Supervisors
- Senior and Executive Leaders
- Office Managers
- Business Owners