Chris Devany is a founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm that focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include such organizations as Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, Microsoft, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. H........
Every manager knows that the best - and fastest - way to learn a new skill is through practice. That's why we've packed this hard-hitting workshop with powerful exercises . . . models . . . and case studies specifically designed for managers of multiple locations.
This is a unique opportunity to fine-tune your off-site management skills in an environment where you don't have to worry about making a costly mistake. This is your chance to master proven-effective strategies that you can put to work immediately.
When you take part in this workshop, be prepared to roll up your sleeves...sweat a little...and think a lot. During the session, you'll examine off-site management challenges - and solutions - with peers . . . practice techniques for getting poorly performing locations up-to-speed . . . determine what the pros did right - and wrong - in real-world case studies..and much more.
Back at the office, you'll be able to turn around all your off-site concerns. You'll know the inside secrets that'll help you get multiple offices to follow your instructions to the letter...accurately monitor quality...and build strong, self-reliant teams you can count on.
Why should you attend?
- Boost productivity at every location
- Significantly cut down on paperwork
- Know off-site employees are following the rules, period, including home-office rules
- Spot problems even when you're far away
Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people are wasting?
What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are so "spread out"?
Would you like to 'tame the paper tiger' and reduce so much needless paperwork?
Have you ever been concerned about people "following the rules"... you know, 'out of sight, out of mind'?
Would you like to be able to more effectively spot problems, even when you are hundreds to thousands of miles away?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
Areas Covered in the Session:
Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
- How to give multiple locations a business "road map" that'll keep them headed in the right direction
- How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site staff will follow to the letter
- Expert insight on "friendly" competition between sites...could this be doing your company more harm than good?
- Discuss today's long-distance management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
- How to quickly smooth things over when you have to lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy...from a distance
- The one action you must take if you want to significantly slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
Stay In Touch - And Control - No Matter What
- How to keep your finger on the pulse of off-site action without making employees feel like 'Big Brother' is watching
- What responsibilities you must shoulder alone...and when you can safely share the load with off-site employees
- A common-but deadly-management mistake that'll ensure an off-site office will never trust your motives
- Determine the fastest way to get a poorly performing location up to speed
- How to quickly and accurately check the quality of products or services at any location
- The inside secrets to creating a lasting bond between off-sites so every employee feels like they're on the same team
Establish Quality-Minded Teams You Can Rely On
- How to structure teams so they'll pull together...no matter which site they're from
- How to ease resentment at a satellite location when a home-office employee is chosen for a promotion
- The only way to handle teams that were established before your time without decreasing productivity
- How to build an "emergency response" team that'll know what can be handled independently...and when to call you immediately
Troubleshoot Off-Site Problems Like A Pro
- How often you should be visiting each site . . . any less and you're begging for trouble
- Phone or face-to-face? The best way to approach a site problem without alienating anyone
- How to put a stop to childish disputes between sites . . . without taking sides or making matters worse
- Develop a reward system that'll motivate employees from all levels at every location
- How to determine whether you should coach . . . counsel . . . or warn the entire staff at a location about their performance
- An action plan that'll help you handle any "cover-up" you might find . . . no matter how large or small
- How to ensure the "isolation factor" won't turn into a problem at remote locations
Who can Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor