Chris Devany is a founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm that focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include such organizations as Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, Microsoft, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. H........
Before the Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeared, has your workforce been largely office-based? Is this the first time you and your team have been working 100% virtually? If so, then this Webinar is for you! As enterprises have been growing far and wide, often international in scope, we find ourselves as executives and managers with our talent spread farther and farther, often at dozens and hundreds of locations. How do we 'get a better handle' on all this?
New supervisors will be ready to hit the ground running with the skills learned in this Webinar. Be ready to take on any challenge, be your best and put what you've learned into practice immediately.
You will learn the skills you need to plan, prioritize and execute effectively each and every day. Putting into practice both the "hard stuff" and "soft stuff " will help you meet new challenges with increased confidence, respect and power.
One of the toughest parts of a manager's job is dealing with and turning around problem employees. The solutions aren?t "textbook", yet in this Webinar, you will gain skills and tools for solving problems and making decisions, especially when dealing with those who challenge you the most.
Why should you attend?
- Manage your entire team remotely
- Understand how to approach an intact team as their new supervisor
- Develop your own management game plan
- Motivate your direct reports
- Coach for improved performance
- Think and act strategically
- Plan and prioritize your time
- Handle difficult conversations
- Listen actively and effectively
- Create a motivational environment using feedback and reinforcement to guide and motivate behavior
- Effectively deal with "difficult" people
Would you like to gain and build confidence in your ability to manage effectively?
What about your ability to motivate others who previously were your peers?
How about learning a management game plan?
Would you like your team to improve performance?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance!
Areas Covered in the Session:
Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
Setting Yourself up for Success
- How to give multiple locations a business "road map" that'll keep them headed in the right direction
- How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site staff will follow to the letter
- Expert insight on "friendly" competition between sites . . . could this be doing your company more harm than good?
- Discuss today's long-distance management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
- How to quickly smooth things over when you have to lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy...from a distance
- The one action you must take if you want to significantly slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
- Understanding your new role as a supervisor
- Making a change or letting go: Working with the three phases of change
- Recognizing common challenges and pitfalls to avoid
- Meeting the expectations of key stakeholders, including your boss, direct reports, senior management, and former peers
Managing Employee Performance
- Understanding what motivation is
- Understanding what motivates each and every one of your direct reports
- Creating Performance Plans and Professional Development Plans which address individual motivation
- Setting SMART goals for yourself and others
- Using a five-step model to train your employees
- Giving and receiving supportive and corrective feedback
- Understanding and adapting to your manager's style
- Anticipating your manager's needs and fulfilling them
- Developing the best possible relationship with your manager
Great Performance Through Coaching
- Demonstrating active listening to show understanding and check content
- Asking questions that uncover valuable information and strengthen the relationship
- Demonstrating giving and receiving feedback constructively
- Assessing your own strengths and development needs as a coach
- Asking questions that increase employees' self-awareness and accountability
Handling Conflict with Ease
- Creating a plan for delegation and using this process to assign key tasks
- Overcoming your fears of turning over responsibility and authority
Managing Your Time
- Knowing your conflict-handling styles
- Developing the right conflict approach for each individual and situation
- Applying the time priority model to workplace tasks
- Managing and protecting your time to get more of the right things done
Who can Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor