Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. is the keynote speaker at Ijona Skills and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc., works with leaders around the world who want to increase bottom-line results while engaging employees and delighting customers. Organization benefits from my expertise in strategic leadership, planning, & culture change as a manager and leader in the public, private, & non-profit sectors. As a consultant, with clients around the world, she works with you to increase your bottom-line results through engaged employees & delighted customers. We craft customized solutions to the orga........
In today's world, many operations once performed by specialists are assigned to Human Resource professionals as 'projects.' However, few HR professionals receive training or tools to help them manage projects efficiently and effectively. The 'project' is added to an already full schedule, major decisions have been made elsewhere, and you have no 'team' to carry out the work. As a result of this topic, HR professionals will be able to plan, execute, and manage projects to get desired results on time and on budget. Many projects fail because they have no focusing definition. HR professionals will be able to create a business problem statement to prevent scope creep and put all effort into solving the problem. You will define potential risks and determine which ones will require contingency plans. You will learn to use simple tools to manage projects of any size and provide stakeholders with the results they expect.
Why should you attend?
As a result of this webinar, Administrative Professionals will be able to:
- Articulate the crucial "business problem" you will solve
- Throw out your "to-do" list and organize tasks easily into logical groups in a plan
- "Manage" your project "team" of critical stakeholders
- Track progress and get back on track quickly when things slip
- Demonstrate successful project completion
- Apply lessons learned to the next project.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What Are Projects and What Kinds of Projects Do HR Professionals Manage?
- What Are Your Strengths and Challenges Managing Projects as an HR Professional?
- Project Success Factors and Pitfalls
- How to Manage the Project Processes and Phases
- Managing Time for Regular Responsibilities and Project Work
- Defining a Project Business Problem
- Communicating and Working with Project Stakeholders
- Working With a "Virtual" Team When You Are a Team of One
- Discovering Project Requirements
- Analyzing Scope, Constraints, Assumptions
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure, Project Plan, and Logic Diagram
- Managing the Critical Path
- Tracking Progress
- Defining Project Potential Risks; Manage and Track Risks
- Developing Role and Responsibility Plan
- Communicating Effectively and Defining What and How to Monitor; Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality
- Capturing and Reporting Actual Results for Goals, Schedule, and Budget
- Conducting Project Reviews and Milestone Meetings Effectively
- Capturing Best Practices and Applying Lessons Learned for Continuous Improvement
Who can Benefit:
- HR Professionals
- HR Generalists and Specialist
- HR Managers and Supervisors
- Newly appointed HR Professionals