Chris Devany is a Keynote Speaker at Ijona Skills. He is a founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm that focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include such organizations as Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, Microsoft, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over 5........
Learn how to avoid legal risks associated with the use of social media in the workplace and how to develop and implement effective social media policies.
Most employers don't really want to know what their employees did last night, but they might find out on social media. This session will examine social media in the workplace and will address how to avoid legal risks associated with monitoring and disciplining employees for their social media use. This session will offer best practices for navigating employee privacy issues, employee conduct outside of work and the use of social media as part of the hiring process.
Why should you attend?
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- How to comply with laws affecting employment, privacy and employee rights as they relate to social media in the workplace.
- How to develop and implement policies that balance the needs of the employer and the rights of employees.
- Best practices for mitigating risks that come from access to employee social media in the workplace.
- Would you like to be more certain that your social media policies are legally compliant?
- Would you like to learn how to develop and implement policies which take both employer and employee rights into account?
- Is it important for you to understand best practices for mitigating risks relating to social media and it's use in the workplace?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to ensure workplace social media compliance.
Areas Covered in the Session:
In order to function at maximum effectiveness, a manager must master critical communication skills, including active listening, the ability to receive and provide constructive feedback, to resolve conflicts and to coach and mentor.
Who can Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor