Melveen Stevenson is keynote speaker at Ijona Skills and she is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources "jungle" of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, employee engagement, and car........
Becoming a leader with direct oversight of employees can be rewarding, inspiring, and challenging. By demonstrating success in your own job, you are now (or soon will be) stepping into a role of engaging and developing employees. At the same time, you're responsible for operational success, inter-departmental coordination, and key performance indicators. It can be an overwhelming step up!
Most people moving into a management position for the first time have little or no management and leadership training. As a result, they're forced to learn on-the-job, and sometimes fail to make a positive impact. Ironically, the skills and talent that resulted in success in their individual roles are not the same as the ones that lead to leadership and management success.
This course is designed to provide you with a clear foundation on how to be a successful new manager and leader by learning best practices, strategic ideas, and tactical "how-to's."
Why should you attend?
Most new supervisors never receive any training when they're promoted to be a new "manager of people." It is often a "sink-or-swim" expansion of your job, meaning that you're are left to rely on your wits to oversee the work of a team of employees. Unfortunately, this arrangement often results in morale issues, unmotivated employees, and lack of accountability - and not to forget, frustration and disappointment by the new manager.
This course aims to set you up for short- and long-term success by providing you with foundation on which you can build as you develop your skills and experience as a manager. You'll learn to avoid common pitfalls so that your job and relationships with your employees go more smoothly. By investing time in this course, you will reap rewards in making your transition to a new manager go more smoothly so that you can enjoy the rewards of your promotion.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Practical strategies and how-to techniques to set yourself up for success.
- Learn and create a 3-month self-on boarding plan to ensure success for yourself and your team.
- Understand the key differences between managing and leading.
- Establish and cultivate a "success culture" for your team.
- Learn common pitfalls for new leaders and how to avoid them or manage through them.
- How to strategically leverage other people-related resources such as your manager and human resources.
- How to navigate and ensure inter-departmental harmony and cooperation for you and your team.
Who can Benefit:
- Employees preparing themselves for an upcoming promotion
- New supervisors and managers with employees who report to them
- New project and team leaders who lead a team of employees
- Human resources professionals
- Experienced leaders who desire to develop the next generation of leaders in their organization