Attend this briefing and demonstration on Excel to unleash its powerful sensitivity tools. Get the full power out of your financial models. Improve the design of your models to take advantage of these tools in just 2 hours.
Financial analysis is an area of opportunity and risk. Analysis should incorporate tests of sensitivity to changes in key variables using the most advanced tools available. Typical financial models do not effectively utilize these tools. This exposes the analyst to blind spots in their analysis. Analysts will want to obtain and become proficient in the use of the more sophisticated "what if" analysis tools of the trade.
Why should you attend?
Learn best practices for designing efficient forecasting models. Learn how to apply scroll bars, goal seek, data tables, and scenario manager to your models in just 90 minutes.
Experienced CGMA and financial analyst, Miles Hutchinson will demonstrate these tools for you using Microsoft ExcelTH. He will provide practical instructions and guidance for applying them and identify the key cautions to help you avoid potential misfires.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- 20 rules of effective model design
- Applying Scroll Bars to individual cells to flex them over their relative ranges with the touch of your mouse
- Using Goal Seek to discover how much a single variable must move to reach a desired outcome
- Using Data Tables with one or two-inputs to deliver an array of outcomes from your model in just seconds
- Using Scenario Manager to store selected groupings of inputs and resulting outcomes
- Use Scenario Manager to consolidate all "versions" of your model into one file
- Use the standard Scenario Summary to compare your Scenarios automatically
- Expand your skills in financial modeling to a level you never dreamed of in just 90 minutes!
- Bonus - download a copy of the demo model along and the answer key to our demonstration!
Who can Benefit:
- Financial Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Risk Managers