Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc", a nationally acclaimed speaker, writer, and "Psychohumorist", is a former psychotherapist and Stress Violence Prevention Consultant for the U.S. Postal Service. The Doc is a Trauma Debriefing and Critical Incident Consultant for variety of organizations, including the national post-earthquake, Nepali Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative. He has led numerous transformative -- silo-breaking and communications bridge-building -- Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for US Army Senior Officers and Sergeants. From a Ft. Hood Br........
The dislocation experience - losing one's job, perhaps a career, grappling with uncertainty, family pressures, as well as the blow to one's identity, though no fault of one's own - is definitely a period of loss and threat. But it also can be a time of challenge and opportunity. Combined with the stress of a 24/7 world that periodically cycles out of control, folks need to circle the wagons, have the chance to understand nature's healing process of grief, including grappling with hurt and anger and get peer support. It's also critical to acquire stress and change resilience problem-solving skills. Definitely a challenge?still, the Stress Doc, Mark Gorkin, LICSW, acclaimed speaker and long-standing stress resilience/reorganizational consultant, is here to help your folks develop Psychological Hardiness and strengthen Stress and Change Resilience Skills and Strategies. Through and seriously fun ideas and dynamic-real world-well-tested group exercises, the Doc's "Get FIT" - FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking - program will enable folks to better harness the pain and rebuild their fire.
Why should you attend?
If one is facing a job loss or a pending layoff, the stress and uncertainty can take a mind-body toll. If you decide to ride out the transitional storm, there are some vital, research-based "Psychological Hardiness" skills for doing so. Understand the emotions that may begin to affect your work-life balance. You will discover tools for helping you decide whether it's best to stand your ground or begin to explore other options.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Rapidly, purposefully and playfully recognize stress and burnout signals, including the "Four Stages of Burnout"
- Discover the research-based skills and strategies for developing "Psychological Hardiness," especially during times of change and uncertainty
- Discover the Stress Doc's Eight "F" formula for proactively dealing with loss and change; discover the stages of healing grief
- Learn how to disarm self-defeating or dysfunctional power struggles while building trust through affirming "I" messages and courageous "good questions"
- Learn tips for "Laughing in the Face of Layoffs"
- Discover the Stress Doc's formula for Natural SPEED and model and method for stress resiliency and cognitive agility
Who can Benefit:
Basically, this webinar is for:
Anyone who has recently been reorganized or downsized or let go.
Any employee anticipating being laid off or down-sized.
Anyone in an unstable work environment where job security/uncertainty is in the air.