Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc", a nationally acclaimed speaker, writer, and "Psychohumorist", is a former psychotherapist and Stress Violence Prevention Consultant for the U.S. Postal Service. The Doc is a Trauma Debriefing and Critical Incident Consultant for variety of organizations, including the national post-earthquake, Nepali Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative. He has led numerous transformative -- silo-breaking and communications bridge-building -- Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for US Army Senior Officers and Sergeants. From a Ft. Hood Br........
It's a TNT - Time-Numbers-Technology - Driven & Distracted Brave New World, when "Everything Happens NOW." While some see a half-full glass of unprecedented access and data...others perceive rampant "Infomania" - continuous stress and distraction caused by the combination of message overload, incessant interruptions, and "Time Urgency Syndrome." Through his Fun-Interactive-Thought-provoking (Get FIT) program, let the Stress Doc help you transform the MA&DD-ness:
Gain tools for 1) assessing individual/workplace addiction and 2) designing self-monitoring and team building structures and strategies for a stress resilient work environment.
Attention spans are shrinking and self-absorbed instant gratification and self-centered entitlement is growing; increasingly, people expect you, 24/7, to immediately reply to their "high priority" texts and emails. It may be time to ask: Is your digital world spinning out of control? Are you ready to Practice Safe Stress? Is it time for you and your organization to address and redress the ever-growing MA&DD-ness?
Why should you attend?
This topic is for all levels of employees and management. Going MA&DD not only distracts the individual and others, but disrupts a capacity for attention; learning is compromised. Clearly, distraction impacts others. Seen as rude, it heightens the potential for interpersonal conflict. Also, the impersonal or anonymous nature of texts and emails, often means messaging has a more critical, judgmental, or aggressive substance and tone. It's time to get this potential individual and workplace addiction under control
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Rapidly recognize signs of "Infomania," "junk-food information diet"/empty Internet calories, battlefield burnout, and MA&DD Addiction
- Understand how MA&DD encourage more impatient and aggressive interaction
- Recognize parallels between MA&DD and other common addictions: eating, drinking, smoking, gambling, drugging, etc.; recognize the dopamine-induced cyclical dangers of rapid responding-revved up reward cues while dismissing the future for the immediate-impulsive NOW
- Learn how to grieve and gradually "let go" of bad habits, compulsions, and addictions; gain face-to-face conflict problem-solving skills and courage; learn to "keep the best and toss the rest"
- Create a safe climate for enabling management and employees to problem-solve ways of bridging "High Tech - Human Touch" in the workplace
- Develop stress-reducing, team building structures and strategies for reducing and preventing isolation and tech-compulsion; learn to redesign a stress resilient work environment
- Grasp the Stress Doc's Natural SPEED Formula for Stress Resiliency, Brain Agility, and Emotional Integrity.
Who can Benefit:
Because of the pervasive use and addictive nature of modern technology, all members of the company or organization will benefit.