Do adults learn differently than children? In some respects, yes, and in some respects, no. Adult learning can be more complicated than childhood learning. We already have a lot of information stored in our brains. We have existing attitudes about learning something new. We may or may not be motivated to learn. Experienced trainers know they must draw from a wide range of techniques to connect successfully with every participant. Learn basic strategies to engage your adult learning audience. Master the latest techniques of active learning. Get people involved and motivated and keep them in a state of openness to new ideas.
Why should you attend?
If you have been frustrated by participants' displays of non-attention or realized you were losing the group, you know how important it is to recover quickly and re-establish your own credibility. Absorb the latest active-learning techniques, brush up on tried-n-true techniques trainers' use, implement some historic approaches that still work. Adopt these proven methods to put your training efforts on a path of continual growth, development, and outrageous success.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What is active learning and how does it help foster adult learning?
- What can knowledge of basic personality do to enhance adult learning?
- Why is training and educating adults different and difficult today and what can we do to become more effective trainers and educators?
- How can we assess the group's level of experience and knowledge and use these to adapt the training session?
- How can we make our training more strategic and less tactical?
- What do we need to do differently to assure every adult learner is absorbing information and will be able to apply it?
- How do we begin the session, keep everyone involved and end the session?
- What more do we need to know about adult learning, active learning, and getting results from training?
Who can Benefit:
- HR Managers/Supervisors
- Human Resources
- Trainers, any subject, any industry
- Employers and Business Owners
- Office Managers
- Company Presidents
- Hiring Managers