Melveen Stevenson is keynote speaker at Ijona Skills and she is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources "jungle" of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, employee engagement, and car........
In today's business environment, four generations work side-by-side, each with different attitudes and expectations about their jobs, careers, and contributions to their employers. Businesses need to create and deliver a value proposition to bring out the best from workers in Generation Y ("Millennials") and Z, especially since they are becoming increasingly dependent on younger talent while continuously losing older talent to retirement.
Now and in coming years, success will shine upon those employers that are savvy enough to leverage the talents and skills of Generations Y and Z. This course is designed to arm you with valuable information to know about today's rapidly evolving workforce so that you can position your business for greater productivity.
Why should you attend?
Business leaders, managers, and human resources find themselves with a much different profile of their company workforce than they've ever had before. The Millennial's or Generation X have been a distinct part of the workforce for several years now, but they still intrigue business leaders with their seemingly unique values and professional desires. Coupled with this is the younger Generation Z making its way into the workforce, bringing its own set of specific characteristics. Not surprisingly, senior business leaders are scratching their heads trying to understand and leverage the best aspects of their multi-generational, multi-talented workforce.
This course will walk you through an enlightening discussion about the myths surrounding Millennial's and Generation Z with the aim of providing a fresh point of view about their motivations and values. You'll learn how they bring new skills and perspectives to the work environment. You'll also understand how you as business leaders can motivate, engage, and better integrate their talents into the work environment and improve your companies productivity.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Insurance & Risk Managers Explain the profiles of Generations Y (Millennials) and Generation Z, and dispel popular myths about them
- Explore business and workforce trends that companies must know to prepare themselves for success
- Uncover enlightening truths about Generation Y and Z
- Explore case studies of integration best practices for Generation Y and Z
- Lay out a suggested plan for business leaders and human resources to increase inclusion and engagement for younger workers to help realize business performance and success
Who can Benefit:
- Human resources professionals - all levels
- People managers and supervisors - all levels
- Talent Management professionals
- Department Managers
- Business owners
- Senior leaders