Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc", a nationally acclaimed speaker, writer, and "Psychohumorist", is a former psychotherapist and Stress Violence Prevention Consultant for the U.S. Postal Service. The Doc is a Trauma Debriefing and Critical Incident Consultant for variety of organizations, including the national post-earthquake, Nepali Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative. He has led numerous transformative -- silo-breaking and communications bridge-building -- Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for US Army Senior Officers and Sergeants. From a Ft. Hood Bri........
It's becoming increasingly clear: unity or divisiveness starts at the top! Today's challenge in our 24/7, diverse, and TNT -Time-Numbers-Technology-driven and distracted world is: a) to capture people?s attention. b) speak to their heads and hearts, spirits and souls. c) create a platform where folks can truly engage with one another wh........
Why should you attend?
Describe topic importance, how this can add value to the work style.
This webinar will provide leaders communication tools and techniques for understanding how to communicate with inclusive substance and style. Discover the Five "A" of Arousing-Connecting-Energizing Communication. Participants will also gain active questioning and reflective listening tools, learn to replace blaming "You" with assertive "I" messages. Also, attendees will learn to develop and apply the mind and mood diversity within.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Identify and analyze specific communication tools, techniques, and strategies for capturing and sustaining a small or large audience's attention
- Apply, dramatize through role-play, and discuss active listening and questioning skills
- Identify, compare, and evaluate the Stress Doc's acclaimed "Five 'P' Model of Passion Power"; through concise lecture and small group exercise
- Use sharing-storytelling and mutual laughter to bring the Five "P" model for each participant; learn how such sharing helps cultivate camaraderie, cohesion, and community
- Express and demonstrate how sharing one's vulnerability may be a powerful leadership/role modeling/team building tool
Who can Benefit:
Target audience, role/designation.
All industries, companies, organizations; all levels of employees and management