Chris DeVany is keynote speaker at Ijona Skills. He is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include such organizations as Microsoft, Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over ........
In order to function at maximum effectiveness, a manager must master critical communication skills, including active listening, the ability to receive and provide constructive feedback, to resolve conflicts and to coach and mentor.
Why should you attend?
- Listen actively
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Resolve conflicts
- Coach and mentor
Are you concerned about how others are receiving you as a manager?
Could you use communication skills "refresher", to perhaps help you take a new approach to your direct reports you find especially challenging?
Would you like to leverage your value to your manager and to your organization?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our communication effectiveness, improve our team member's and team's performance, adding to the bottom-line!
Areas Covered in the Session:
Effective Listening / Understanding Before Being Understood
- What is the Value of Listening?
- Why People Don't Listen and the Consequences
- How to Listen Effectively and Actively
- Practice Listening Exercise
- Responsibility of the Communicator in Being Heard
Constructive Feedback / Gaining Advice While Avoiding Conflict
- The Value of Constructive Feedback
- Why People Don't Give Feedback and the Consequences
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- Practice Feedback Exercise
- Guidelines for the Feedback Receiver
Resolving Conflicts / Dealing with Other's Resistance
- The Nature of Resistance
- Types of Resistance
- Typical Responses to Resistance
- Approaching Resistance and How to Deal with It
- The Keys to Effectively Resolving Conflicts
Making Coaching Work / Providing Guidance for Improving Performance
- Characteristics of Effective Coaches
- How to Coach Effectively
- The Value of Careful Listening in Coaching
- Being an Effective Role Model
- Using Coaching to Improve Performance
Who can Benefit:
Executives, senior managers, managers at all level.