Stephan Klaschka is an awarded innovation executive, strategy consultant, and entrepreneur with over 25 years of international work experience across numerous industries and company sizes ranging from FORBES Global 20 to startups.
Stephan held senior leadership positions in business operations, strategy, regulatory compliance, and innovation with Boehringer Ingelheim, a FORBES Global 500 and Top 20 biopharmaceutical company, leaving as Director of Global Innovation Management and Strategy. In this first-of-its-kind position, Stephan's work was central to the new growth rejuvenation strategy as a catalyst to initiate and drive pivotal innovations, leadership development, and disruptive and digital transformation across the Boehringer Ingelheim group worldwide.
He has recently served as CEO interim of the "German Institute for Telemedicine and Health Promotion" (DITG)and worked as an avid scientific advisor, investor, consultant, and mentor to startup companies and business accelerators.
Stephan holds Masters Degrees in Computer Science, Management, and Business Administration as well as advanced degrees in Strategy, Innovation, and Leadership from leading schools in Europe and the United States including MIT and IMD. He is PMP certified, published extensively, and created award-winning programs and workshops on topics including intrapreneurship, and emerging technologies in healthcare and biopharma.
To bring about change, innovation, and turning around difficult situations, I hold myself to the highest standards of integrity and consistently exceeding expectations on key operational and business development targets for measurable growth, cost savings, people development, and increased productivity while safeguarding regulatory compliance and stakeholders.
My international work experience as a consultant, CEO, COO, executive, Managing Partner, and entrepreneur spans over 25 years applying emerging technologies in converging industries including pharmaceuticals "beyond the pill", digital health, predictive analytics, medical devices, management consulting, regulatory, engineering, renewable energy, automotive, government, academia.
- Led the global digital innovation function of a Top 20 pharma company driving pivotal innovations, digital transformation yielding 100X ROI worth >$700 million, leadership development.
- Transformed a small consulting business into a world-leading SaaS startup for predictive workplace analytics (WPA).
- Turned around a struggling SaaS telemedicine firm within 6 months growing revenue 360% and attracting VC.
- Created NextGen programs with 10X ROI return at Global 500 companies developing emerging leaders; inspired new patents, products, corporate accelerators, Org. Effectiveness of depts.
- Spearheaded remote workplace flexibility program for 10,000 employees, saved >$100 million.
- Oversaw clinical operations at Top 20 pharma company serving 70.000+ users of critical systems worldwide.
- Awarded innovator, intrapreneur, thought-leader, keynote speaker, guest lecturer on innovation management and intrapreneurship at business schools and universities across the globe (North America, Europe, Asia)
- Featured as an innovator in HBR case study 'Boehringer Ingelheim: Leading Innovation'.