Professional Training & Coaching Consultant
Johnson Training Group
Speaker ! Author ! Corporate Culture Expert !
For thirty years, Larry Johnson has helped organizations build more productive and profitable working cultures through the development of strong leaders and dedicated employees. He has received rave reviews from more than 150,000 business, government, and health-care professionals in every state in the union, as well as in Great Britain, China, Indonesia, Central America and Australia for his presentations on the topics of leadership, change, customer service, and honesty in business. Additionally, Larry has eight years of real life experience as a manager in health care, three years as a manager in city government, and 26 years as president of his own consulting firm.
EXPERIENCES OF NOTE
- Directed a 40 bed in-patient unit for the developmentally disabled and mentally ill.
- Earned a Master Of Arts Degree in Counseling Psychology.
- Worked as a professional mental health counselor for eight years.
- Was contributing author 8 years to the Journal of the American College of Health Care Administrators.
Larry has been the primary caretaker for his wife CJ since she incurred a traumatic brain injury in 2003 which left her completely paralyzed. He often presents their story to health care audiences. It's an inspirational presentation that reminds audiences why they chose their noble profession and often results in a standing ovation.
Corporate Culture Change
- Was awarded the City of Phoenix Award of Excellence for designing and implementing that city's team based quality improvement program. This program was featured in a PBS televised documentary by Tom Peters (co-author of In Search of Excellence).
- Co-authored the top selling book, Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk and Rewards Integrity.
- Facilitated corporate culture change for companies like Eisai Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Harley-Davidson.
- Co-authored the best selling book, Generations Inc., From Boomers To Linksters, Managing the Friction Between Generations at Work.
Among many others, Larry has spoken for SHRM, American Health Care Association, Westinghouse, General Electric, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Intel Corporation, Southwest Airlines, American Express, McDonald's Corporation, Federal Express, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, the American Health Care Association, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Education & Designations
CSP - Certified Speaking Professional - National Speakers Association
M.A. Counseling Psychology - Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff AZ
B.A. Education - Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Larry Johnson is an engaging, insightful speaker who can help your audience raise productivity, reduce employee turnover and increase customer satisfaction - and he's really funny too.